Canon PIXMA MG3100 Wireless Setup, IJ Setup Pixma, Manual Installations and Scanner Driver Software Download For Mac, Windows, Linux – Since the Pixma MG3100 does not have an LCD, you can not connect it to your cordless network using an easy-to-follow wizard on the control panel, as you can on numerous various other inkjet printers. In addition, depending on whether your router sustains Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), setup will be either extremely simple or a bit of an inconvenience. If you have a WPS router, the installment software strolls you through connecting to the network by pushing a couple of buttons on the printer’s control panel and verifying symbols on the LED readout. If your router doesn’t sustain WPS, however, you’ll have to link the printer to a COMPUTER by means of a USB printer cord, which suggests you’ll should position the printer close sufficient to the COMPUTER for the first configuration and also relocate to its permanent place after.
The good news, a minimum of, is that a USB printer cable television is included for this operation. That’s never ever a provided. According to the maker’s Getting Started handout, individuals need to unpack it, remove the product packaging, attach the power and also (additionally) the USB printer cable television, tons the paper, put the installation and also software disk, transform it on, and then adhere to the on-screen installation wizard. Before leaving the wizard, set up the inks that featured the Canon Pixma MG3100 and also print an examination web page. Customers don’t have to install all the software that includes it; they could choose to mount just certain items at the start of the wizard. The panel additionally has quick secrets for quiting a print work, black and also shade start buttons, as well as a Fit to Page alternative.
The Canon Pixma MG3100 is a budget pleasant all-in-one inkjet with the included bonus offers of picture printing and wireless connectivity. The control panel is exceptionally basic. It’s on the left side of the Pixma MG3120 as well as showcases a 7-segment LED to utilize with configuration and to let users recognize exactly how empty the inks are, to transform the number of copies, and also to pick the paper kind, etc. The settings option might be a bit confusing for very first time customers; it merely shows the symbol or letter corresponding with the alternatives readily available, so make sure to check the customer manual to find out more.
[su_tabs active=”3″][su_tab title=”Ink For Canon PIXMA MG3100“]
- 1 Canon PIXMA MG3100 Ink Cartridges
- 2 Canon PIXMA MG3100 Specifications
- 3 Troubleshooting
- 4 Steps Instructions Wireless Setup For Canon PIXMA MG3100
- 5 Canon MG3100 Printer Manual Installations
- 6 How to Scan With Canon PIXMA MG3100
- 7 Canon PIXMA MG3100 Scanner Driver Software Free Download
Canon PIXMA MG3100 Ink Cartridges
- PG-240 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-241 Color Cartridge
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG7100 Driver Download
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”Specifications“]
Canon PIXMA MG3100 Specifications
|Special Print Media||
|Scan Resolution||Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi7 DPI|
|Max Scan Size||8.5″ x 11.7″ in.|
|Paper Types Supported||Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss; Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper;|
|Nozzle / Head Details||Color: 1,152 / Black: 640|
|B&W Copy Speed||0|
|Scan Bit Depth||24-bit external|
|B&W Print DPI||600 x 600 dpi|
|Copy Reduce Min||25.0|
|Color Print DPI||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Included Software||Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM PIXMA MG3120 Printer Driver Easy-PhotoPrint EX4 Easy-WebPrint EX12 Full HD Movie Print6 MP Navigator EX Solution Menu EX|
|Copy Enlarge Max||400.0|
|Operating Systems||Windows® 7, Windows Vista® , Windows XP and Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x|
|Output Capacity Max (8.5×11)||100|
|Output Capacity Max (Photo Paper)||100|
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”OS Compatibility“]
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra) or later
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT16
[su_spoiler title=”Setup For Windows” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-square-1″]
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
[su_spoiler title=”Setup For Mac” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-square-1″]
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
[su_spoiler title=”Canon PIXMA MG3100 Wireless Setup” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-square-1″]
Steps Instructions Wireless Setup For Canon PIXMA MG3100
- Take off the entire printer’s external protective materials carefully.
- Open the paper output tray on the front side and lift the scanner unit cover up to expose cartridge holder.
- Take this cartridge holder out and remove its protective materials too.
- Connect the printer to a power source by plugging one end in the proper interface on the printer while the other to wall power outlet.
- Turn the unit on and choose the language you prefer, followed by pressing the OK button and turning the unit back off.
- Lift the scanner cover again to insert the cartridge holder back in place. Close the lid.
- Turn the unit on and press the setup button. Select wireless LAN setup via the operation panel.
- Press the OK button.
- Select easy setup.
- Press the OK button.
- Select access point.
- Press the OK button.
- Feed it the WEP-key.
- Press the OK button.
- Insert the companion CD and run the program from the auto-play.
- Select the country where you stay at the moment. Click Next.
- Choose easy install and click Next.
- Select “Use the printer on network” and click Next.
- Soon, a window of Printer Detection appears. Click Next.
[su_spoiler title=”Canon Pixma MG3100 Use Manual Online” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-square-1″]
Canon MG3100 Printer Manual Installations
- Reproduction, diversion or copying of any text, photo or image published in the Online Manual (hereinafter referred to as “this guide”), in whole or in part, is prohibited.
- In principle, Canon shall change or delete the contents of this guide without prior notice to customers.
- In addition, Canon may suspend or stop the disclosure of this guide due to unavoidable reasons.
- Canon shall not be liable for any damage suffered by customers as a result of changes in or deletion of information in this guide, or suspension/stoppage of disclosure of this guide.
- Although the contents of this guide have been prepared with utmost care, please contact the service center if you find any incorrect or missing information.
- In principle, the descriptions in this guide are based on the product at the time of its initial sale.
- This guide does not disclose the manuals of all the products sold by Canon.
- See the manual supplied with the product when using a product that is not described in this guide.
[su_spoiler title=”Canon PIXMA MG3100 How To Scan” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-square-1″]
How to Scan With Canon PIXMA MG3100
- One step Download Drivers
- Type PIXMA MG3100 in the “Enter a Model” and click GO.
- In the Drivers & Downloads section, under Recommended.
- Please click the Select button next to the MG3100 series Full Driver & Software Package.
- Click the Download button.
- If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.
- Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.
- Double click Driver Canon MG3100. A disk image will be created.
- Double click the disk image.
- Double click the “Setup” file to launch the setup screen.
[su_spoiler title=”Scanner Driver and Software Download” style=”fancy” icon=”folder-1″ anchor=”Canon PIXMA MG3100 Scanner Driver Download”]
Canon PIXMA MG3100 Scanner Driver Software Free Download
Canon Pixma IJ Setup – will give you the official driver and software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.[/su_spoiler]